Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Rep. Lord Allan Velasco speaks!

 

File photo of Rep Velasco, taken in Boac during the Marinduque Centennial

This statement appeared yesterday in Marinduque Rep. Lord Allan Velasco's FB page.


Lord Allan Jay Velasco:

"I have been silent during the duration of the Gentleman’s agreement in deference and respect to the sitting Speaker. 

"My silence does not mean I am disinterested nor I have turned my back on the covenant.

“Mum on issues” means I just don’t want to call attention to myself.  Being party to the term-sharing agreement,  one does not and should not seek to compete with the current Speaker as a gentleman’s agreement is in force.  We will have our turn at the right time.

"Since I became a lawmaker I have worked quietly,  away from publicity,  to support this Administration and help accomplish the legislative agenda of President Duterte to improve the lives of the Filipino people.  When both parties finally honor the agreement,  I will show my colleagues the kind of leadership I espouse.  Thereafter, at the end of my term,  my peers can then be the judge of my loyal service to God,  to the President, and ultimately,  to the Filipino people.

"TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!"