Sunday, October 20, 2013

Marinduque bids farewell to MamaLola

MamaLola with grandkids and family members.

The learned, cultured, elegant and soft-spoken lady, Juanita Roque-Enriquez, she who was among close descendants of those who fought for and established Marinduque during the Philippine-Spanish and Philippine-American War, passed on quietly last Saturday, Oct. 12 in Boac, Marinduque. She was known to her grandkids simply as 'MamaLola'. Her loving family members was at her bedside when she said goodbye. 

Bing, her oldest granddaughter who visited her was flying back to Perth from Marinduque when she heard of the sad news. Bing's message to her MamaLola read during the wake is posted below with permission.

Oct 13 2013

To my Favorite Woman in the World..

I am on the plane to Perth now MamaLola.. all I can think about is you.. how much I love you and how much love you showered me. You have always been my inspiration MamaLola. 

Knowing that you are gone has made a very empty feeling in my heart. I wish I was there holding your hand. I miss being by your side or next to you on the bed. I miss your beautiful smile and the way you answer " I love you " every time I say " I love you Lola."

I'm sorry if i'm crying so much. I know you don't like to see me cry or sad but I miss you terribly. I miss my MamaLola. 

I wasn't able to sleep when I found out that you had a cardiac arrest and had died. I wanted to be there by your side so badly but I couldn't. I was calling your name as tears dropped profusely. I was hoping you would talk to me... visit me even in my dreams.. I love you mama lola so much it hurts...

I know you will always be my Guardian Angel and will look out for me always. Just know that I will always love you... my Mama Lola...

Thank you for being a BIG part of my life...

Until we meet again.. your panganay mong apo, Bing



The ancestral Roque house in Mercado Street, is situated in the busiest center of Boac, Marinduque - 
where local heroes like Teofilo Roque and Maximo Abad once walked, talked and dreamed of fighting for freedom.

Some sweet memories with family members:





Psalms 23:4
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me..."